In my last post, I talked about getting better (to the point I made that the title – Yay Bleachers!) and my plan for the now current year.
Here is how I plan to get better (Categories with updated bolded):
- 1000 Miles (20 Miles/week):
As I near the end of week 1, I’m at 24.9 Miles – just about 5 miles over plan. Truth be told I should be at 25, but my watch died mid run and I didn’t capture some distance. Since I don’t have it recorded, it didn’t happen and therefore I sit at 24.9.
- #Kill22 Challenge: Add a push up a day to the challenge.
- Day 6: Check
- 2 Rounds (4 months) of Beachbody “Insanity”
- Starts Sunday.
- Spartan Trifecta
- Additional Sprint Scheduled (x2 Trifecta?)
- 2 Half Marathons – one of which will be less than 2 hours
- I will attempt at least 5 things that I’m not convinced I can complete
- To succeed, you cannot fear failure.
- Fear is a liar, desperate to convince you that you cannot succeed.
The first of 5 things happens this weekend: The Fat Ass 50k Trail Run. The furthest I’ve ever run in one block was 13.5 miles. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of runs I’ve had of 13+ miles: 3. All of which were street runs, this is a cross-country/trail race. So I’m ill-prepared, and certainly not trained up for this. I may fail – 30 Miles is not to be trifled with. In fact, there’s a significant probability I will fail. But I’m going to try, because if I don’t try, I’ll never know if I can do it or even what my limits are.
I haven’t quite figured out how to quantify this goal, so the best I can do right now is say, “trust me, I know when I’m unsure.” I’ve stated my attempt and why I believe I may not complete it. For now, I think that works. That said, if I do conquer the entire 30 miles, that would mean I’ve smashed my first weekly goal by 35 miles – had I set that as a goal, I wouldn’t have believed I could do that. It’s going to be a long day – easily 5+ hours. Wish me luck.